Tuesday, March 2, 2010

World Cup woes?

I find it surprising that so many people who have never been to South Africa have an opinion on how well the nation is prepared to host this event. Or rather, not just have an opinion, but also think that their opinion is in any way based on reality, especially those who have a negative view of this country (based on ever negative press releases about something going on somewhere on the continent of Africa).

In my own experience people that visit the country once will fall in love with it and express surprise at how modern and in general well managed things are. Now don't get me wrong, I am well aware that a lot of things can and should be improved upon, but I am also very aware that this is true of most if not all nations on this globe.

I just feel that South Africa is not getting the same chance as previous organising nations did. I hope that the people will not be deterred by the one-sided publications and come and see for themselves. They will have the time of their life here. Just remember: it will be winter here so bring your jersey and jacket. Maybe you will be inspired to visit again in the summer and you too will fall in love with the country as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment